Yak about stuff. Just stuff.
64 posts Page 7 of 7
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
i hope you put front shock towers in the cart when you ordered that tie rod ;)
just because it's a bad idea, doesn't mean it wont be a good time
I think I'm going to have to do some creative cutting to the front clip before I make some. From what I've read, I'm at the threshold for fitting some and that's with a straight nose. Mine's all crumpled so I know I'm not going to fit them if I just throw some on there. I'm going to wait until I can drop the body before I decide on how I'm going handle them. Maybe get a little creative with their placement.

Time will tell how I end up sticking them in up there :)
Shortened the tierods, retapped, cross cut and beveled them so my shit doesn't self-adjust while driving.

Cleaned up a couple years worth of the latest round of dust and debris:

Installed the rear brake lines. Need to drill and tap for the distribution block. Current captured nut is too rusted to hold the retaining bolt.
Today was a mish-mash of little things. I drilled and tapped the mount for the brake distribution mount and installed the rear hard lines. I removed the pedal assembly, wire tied the clutch cable, reinstalled, cleaned up the brake pushrod's threads, sandblasted and painted the shift rod cover plates, installed that nifty little brake and clutch pedal stop plate and replaced the swing axle boots.

I ordered brake line clips and grommets, some metal for the body and I ordered some different torsion rod rubber bushings as I'm pretty sure the ones I installed are the wrong ones.

Another thing I want to put here is landau foam and fabric for a simple headliner. I saw this over on the Samba and I think I might use the idea:

Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
64 posts Page 7 of 7