A day in the life...

You know you want to, you social butterfly.
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

Re: A day in the life...

sometimes dickheads pull shit like that. but 99% of what i encounter is caused by the cyclist. as someone who mobs around on a BMX from time to time iv found that if you look out for the cars the cars also look out for you. the biggest issues are the douche nozzles on 10 speeds that think they're qualifying for the tour de fuck you. 90% of those guys are narcistic as all hell and only think you should be looking out for them. they make no attempt to share the road. and yes, motorists act like assholes to those guys, and rightly so. i kid you not about once a week i encounter one of these assholes blocking a shared bike lane/right turn lane. when the cyclist blocks the lane the drivers turn into assholes. when the cyclist moves forward 12 inches and left 16 inches and opens up space so cars can turn, the cars slow down more and try to keep distance. it's like, im going to look out for you because you weren't an asshole tome. respect is respected.
you never learn nothin by mistake if you're to careful
schwim
Site Admin

Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

i like that idea! :twisted:
today i had to deal with 3 girls (probably about 12 -13) on 1 e-bike meandering down the bike lane freaking out traffic. :roll:
Maddel

schwim wrote: August 22nd, 2023, 9:37 pm I don't feel comfortable riding any bike on the road, e- or not...
I know most people are dicks...
^^^ THIS! :lol:

And may be this suits our needs... :twisted:

Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

couple weeks ago i was watching videos of people riding those. i really started to wonder, does it even need the front wheel and handlebars, like wtf was the point? just steer it like a tank. it's basically like one of those 6 wheel amphibious ATV's only with tracks and a motorcycle frontend stuck on it. i don't get it.
Maddel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sd.Kfz._2
Steering the Kettenkrad was accomplished by turning the handlebars: Up to a certain point, only the front wheel would steer the vehicle. A motion of the handlebars beyond that point would engage the track brakes to help make turns sharper. It was also possible to run the vehicle without the front wheel installed and this was recommended in extreme off-road conditions where speed would be kept low.
schwim
Site Admin

You could get a trailer for it too! I could take this to the kaufhaus for apfelkuchen!

Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

Maddel wrote: September 4th, 2023, 5:55 am https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sd.Kfz._2
Steering the Kettenkrad was accomplished by turning the handlebars: Up to a certain point, only the front wheel would steer the vehicle. A motion of the handlebars beyond that point would engage the track brakes to help make turns sharper. It was also possible to run the vehicle without the front wheel installed and this was recommended in extreme off-road conditions where speed would be kept low.
you crazy Germans :P
schwim
Site Admin

My lollipop of sadness.

Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

im glad i scrolled way down on that one. for a second i thought you where pregnant :lol:
Last edited by Super_Randy on September 12th, 2023, 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.