A day in the life...

You know you want to, you social butterfly.
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

Re: A day in the life...

this years frivolous birthday gift to myself 8-) if you can't ID at least 3 of these we can't be friends.
you never learn nothin by mistake if you're to careful
schwim
Site Admin

They're all Cali tags? I'm just wondering about the Hazzard one, shouldn't that have been a GA tag?
schwim
Site Admin

Took red down to the bridge to see the sunset a couple nights ago. She loves hanging out near the water.

Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

schwim wrote: August 16th, 2023, 2:34 pm They're all Cali tags? I'm just wondering about the Hazzard one, shouldn't that have been a GA tag?
they're all from TV and movie cars. i noticed they were all from CA as well. wondered wtf, then remembered the state used to (still does?) pay studios and record labels to highlight CA in TV, film, and music because it was considered advertising for tourism or something along those lines. there are probably another 12 plates i still want to get (not all CA plates ether)

the General Lee didn't have the state on the plate. the show was supposed to take place in "hazzard county Georgia" but the state never appeared on the license plate.

this is the website i got them from, they've got a bunch of cool plates if you're into that kinda thing.
https://celebritymachines.com/
and if you watch vinwiki on youtube, Travis Bell who's been on telling stories a hand full of times owns it
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

so in a wtf is going on here moment.  So Cal is getting hit with a tropical storm (couldn't tell you the last time it rained anywhere near this much in August.  come to think of it i couldn't tell you the last time it rained in August period) and to top it off, there was a 5.1 magnitude earthquake up in Ojai (about 70 miles from me i think)
schwim
Site Admin

We're not getting anything in the way of rain but the heat has just been crazy.

In other news, I ate another derailleur.

Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

schwim wrote: August 20th, 2023, 9:47 pm In other news, I ate another derailleur.

must have been bland, i can see you "seasoned" it with a little ketchup :P
schwim
Site Admin

Super_Randy wrote: August 20th, 2023, 11:28 pm must have been bland, i can see you "seasoned" it with a little ketchup :P
I've reached that age where any small cut bleeds like I'm a hemophiliac. I left my DNA all over that spot and it was just a tiny cut from the shattered carbon cage on the derailleur.
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

between the 12 year old fucktards and oblivious middle age narcists im going to start running over people on e-bikes. people can't decide if they're a motor scooter or a bicycle. they also don't think laws apply to them, or are unaware that there are laws they should be obeying. and that you should just be watching out for them.
i got stuck behind this no shit guy had to be 60 on an e-bike this morning doing probably 20 - 25mph on a 45mph street, fucker couldn't decide if he wanted to be in the bike lane or right lane in traffic. he was straddling the line and kept coming into the right lane a good 18 inches. people in the right lane are having to swerve, even intruding into the left lane to get around this fuckstick. it's majorly slowing the flow of traffic. i catch up to him approaching an intersection where i turn right. iv got a good 75 to 100 yards, plenty of time for me to safely pass him, hit my blinker, slow down and make my turn before he gets to me. at worst he would have to straddle the line to get around me as i was turning, and maybe roll off the throttle as he did it. this human buttplug cuts me off! he comes so far into the right lane i can't pass. im now going 20 mutherfucking mph in a 45. light changes. he blows through the red!
schwim
Site Admin

I don't feel comfortable riding any bike on the road, e- or not, that's why I ride in the woods. There's so much hostility between autos and bikes, it doesn't matter whether you're not in your space, drivers are apt to fuck with you. I know most people are dicks but I'd rather not be around dicks in tanks.