Yak about stuff. Just stuff.
25 posts Page 3 of 3
Sounds like you have a full plate!
Are you moving there for work or did you just have enough of your current location?

Florida would be a nice sunny change for sure and sounds nice, and I hope you do get Zippy done enough to take with you along with all the extra VW bits we all seem to collect over the years.

Good luck and I hope all goes well when you do the move.

PS: I right clicked to copy some text in this post and I saw a "Read Aloud" option so clicked it...Cool!
Is that something you added to this Forum?
65VW wrote: Are you moving there for work or did you just have enough of your current location?

Two things, mostly. My daughter is coming of college age and is considering UF Gainsville and my wife has wanted to move back since I moved us from there 15 years ago :)

65VW wrote: Florida would be a nice sunny change for sure and sounds nice, and I hope you do get Zippy done enough to take with you along with all the extra VW bits we all seem to collect over the years.

We're going to be doing a brutal purge to make the move doable but I'll be doing my best to keep the important stuff. A bunch is in the air right now so I don't have an idea of how much I'll need to get rid of so my fingers are crossed.

Thanks a bunch for the well wishes!

65VW wrote: PS: I right clicked to copy some text in this post and I saw a "Read Aloud" option so clicked it...Cool!
Is that something you added to this Forum?

That would either be a browser or browser extension deal, I think. I don't see anything like that on mine. What browser are you using?
schwim wrote: ...The family is considering moving back to Florida...
...My daughter is coming of college age and is considering UF Gainsville and my wife has wanted to move back since I moved us from there 15 years ago...
Wow! Now this is surprising news... :o
Thus no barn doors at the basement... :)

schwim wrote: We're going to be doing a brutal purge to make the move doable but I'll be doing my best to keep the important stuff. A bunch is in the air right now so I don't have an idea of how much I'll need to get rid of so my fingers are crossed
I really hope you'll find a way to keep Zippy.
VW 1302 S
The barn door may still happen, I have to get the pan out of there somehow :D

I'm going to do my best to keep him. I'd love to drive a rag top down in the sweltering heat and humidity of the Florida summers :D
Good luck with everything and for sure get an AC when you setup your workshop there.
Hopefully the house prices in Fla are not thru the roof.

I was using IE at the time and with Chrome I do not have the Audio option and I think you are right that it is a browser setting.
Still kind of cool.
25 posts Page 3 of 3