Let's Rock...

You know you want to, you social butterfly.
schwim
Site Admin

Re: Let's Rock...

Hey, I recently had a change of mood as well and started grabbing old emotional songs off of YT.

Maddel

This has been posted before I guess...
Maddel

schwim wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 11:38 am... started grabbing old emotional songs off of YT.
Well... One thing led to another... :)

schwim
Site Admin

Maddel wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 2:55 pm This has been posted before I guess...
Just finished House of 1000 corpses, starting on Devil's Rejects now. Mr. Zombie's movies are like watching his music.
Maddel

schwim wrote: October 28th, 2021, 8:29 pmJust finished House of 1000 corpses, starting on Devil's Rejects now. Mr. Zombie's movies are like watching his music.
Oops, I thought you were aware of both...
Sorry the Free Bird post above spoiled the Rejects for you. :oops:
House of 1000 Corpses is marvelously weird but The Rejects are damn sick!
At the end you even have sympathy for the bad guys!

schwim
Site Admin

It didn't ruin anything, I'm like a goldfish, by the time I got to the end of the second movie, I had completely forgotten about it :)

Seriously, when new seasons of stuff that I watch become available, I usually have to watch all the previous seasons to remember the storyline. It's not just movies or tv either, I also have to do it with books. When I was reading King's dark tower series, after every book in the series dropped, I'd read all the previous books so I could follow the story. So it was like:

book 1
book 1, book 2
book 1, book 2, book 3
book 1, book 2, book 3, book 4

all the way to the seventh book :)
Maddel

schwim wrote: October 29th, 2021, 10:56 am...When I was reading King's dark tower series, after every book in the series dropped, I'd read all the previous books so I could follow the story...
Ha! Just reading "The Dark Tower - The Complete Concordance"...
Man, what an overwhelming amount of information. :shock:
Have to read the epic once again - for the fourth time (?).
Not to mention all the related books and stories I didn't touch so far... :)

schwim
Site Admin

Ha! I never thought of music made in the theme of the story! That's some pretty great stuff!

I think I read the series 3 times and I read the book he told us not to read "if we didn't want to ruin the ending" twice. After that, I got rid of the books at some point but wished I hadn't. I would have read the series a couple more times by now I imagine. It was a much more interesting series than even the Stand.

I reliably loved everything he and Mr. Koontz wrote up until about 10 years ago or so now. They just seem to be marking time in their golden years churning out the same story with different names. I'll read a new one when someone gets it for me but for the most part now, I grab 99 cent Kindle deals to read at bed time.
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

you never learn nothin by mistake if you're to careful