A day in the life...

You know you want to, you social butterfly.
Maddel

Re: A day in the life...

The blue Angels home base is Naval Air Station Pensacola - am I right?
Is that nearby you location or do they use another airbase for their current mission?
Just wondering because there are a few pics showing the landing gear down...
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

Maddel wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 4:18 am The blue Angels home base is Naval Air Station Pensacola - am I right?
Is that nearby you location or do they use another airbase for their current mission?
Just wondering because there are a few pics showing the landing gear down...
no idea where there home base is, but there's an air show this weekend in Huntington Beach, CA they're performing at so they've been at the joint forces training base in Los Alamitos, CA which is maybe a third of a mile up the street from where i work. the reason the landing gear is down is because they circle around where i work when they come in to land. so they're low to! it's pretty cool.
you never learn nothin by mistake if you're to careful
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

this has been a weird ass day to say the least.  traffic had it's head further up it's ass than normal this morning, people driving slow as hell and seemed to be lost.  work was normal, kinda, instead of being slammed at the end of the day we were slammed in the morning (not complaining), then i did nothing for like 2 1/2 hours. during that time is when facebook/instagram went down.  temps were well into the 80's and it was dry with blue sunny sky's.  ate lunch.  did nothing.  got an order for an elevating motor, already had one on the shelf done.  3 o'clock rolls around it's cooled down a maybe 5 - 7 degrees, but now looks like doom and gloom outside.  then driving home traffic was still more clueless and ass dragging than normal, but they were also freaked out by spots of heavy wind, and lightning literally 5+ miles away.  see lighting, swerve a bit, and slow down  :x .  now there's a thunder storm rolling through, got lots of lightning and thunder.  just a weird energy in the air today.
schwim
Site Admin

Stay undercover during the thunderstorms, man :)
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

so i watched Gleaming the Cube yesterday.
and Thrashin' today.
so i figure i should be qualifying for the X Games by the end of tomorrow :lol:
schwim
Site Admin

"Gleaming the Cube"

Holy cow, what a blast from the past :) Did you ever watch this one? I used to ride round our yard on my minibike while acting like Lyle.
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

nope, never even heard of it.

if you still have that mini bike :P
Maddel

Regarding a blast from the past...
Recently watched a few episodes of Catweazle. Loved it as a kid!
Today I really enjoy the English language version since many of the puns lacked an appropriate German translation.
I have no idea if it has ever been broadcast in the U.S. ...

In other news: I started the Bug's woofer build today...

schwim
Site Admin

I've never seen that but after watching the first episode, can see the appeal it would have had on me. It's like a full-scale dramatic series shrunk down for kids. It's amazing the level of production value old kid's shows had. I looked up the lead actor's IMDB and he was was incredibly diverse in his projects and theatrically trained. Nowadays, you just need a dinosaur costume and a couple Disney kids and you can call it done.

I'm looking forward to seeing your speaker box build. I'd love to have a nice stereo in one of my cars but they're all too loud and I'm too deaf :)
Maddel

schwim wrote: October 31st, 2021, 5:41 pmI'm looking forward to seeing your speaker box build. I'd love to have a nice stereo in one of my cars but they're all too loud and I'm too deaf :)
Well... Actually my Bug with its dual carbs and Sebring exhaust is way to loud to enjoy a quality stereo.
You need a massive boom box to drown the driving noise out.
Back in the 90s sound pressure levels that came up to a Motörhead gig were considered cool.
I cant stand it nowadays to be honest and even rarely turn on the stereo if at all.
The sole buzzing and humming growl of the flat four is much more relaxing IMHO. 8-)
So the current woofer build is just for the sake of completeness in a way...
Even though of course I'm curious how the system will sound once all is in place and properly set up.
The front and rear kick panel speakers were added five years ago or so and I managed to hook them up last year. :shock:
I didn't even test them with a CD but with just the radio's pink noise. :lol: