A day in the life...

You know you want to, you social butterfly.
schwim
Site Admin

Re: A day in the life...

Super_Randy wrote: August 31st, 2021, 8:58 pm oh, and i got the new issue of VW Trends in the mail. so at least something good happened today.
What do you think of the quality of the magazine in comparison to the old magazine?
Maddel wrote: September 2nd, 2021, 12:24 am Since it's brand specific what are your plans for it?
Hassle with moving the VW content on here to the ACVWA domain may be?
Right now, I'm just using it to forward to this domain. It would have been very useful right after it being dropped for bringing members of the old forum over to the new forum but years down the road, very few would be checking on it.

I've been working on some new features of the site at night when time permits but the new house and catching up on some medical stuff is just soaking up most of what I have. I'd really like to get the theme of the sight fixed up as well.
Maddel

schwim wrote: September 2nd, 2021, 10:10 amRight now, I'm just using it to forward to this domain. It would have been very useful right after it being dropped for bringing members of the old forum over to the new forum but years down the road, very few would be checking on it.
May be the best solution since the VW company is hypersensitive when it comes to their trademarks/brands...

schwim wrote: September 2nd, 2021, 10:10 amI've been working on some new features of the site at night when time permits but the new house and catching up on some medical stuff is just soaking up most of what I have. I'd really like to get the theme of the sight fixed up as well.
I thought as much - take care & keep well and fit Sir!
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

schwim wrote: September 2nd, 2021, 10:10 am
What do you think of the quality of the magazine in comparison to the old magazine?
so far its awesome! lots of feature cars, there's like 9 feature cars in this issue. not just all bugs ether, a notch, like 3 busses, an Imp buggy, and even a Brasilia. the feature cars seem more focused on custom rather than just the OC Cal-Look stuff. the story of the 1 millionth beetle. an interview with Dyno Don Chamberlin. a tech article that actually seems useable to the average backyard mechanic (repairing a pan without welding). coverage of 3 shows. there's a lot packed into each issue. the writing seems good to me (i am dyslexic and don't read for shit so...) and the photography is top notch! and for what it's worth even the paper is high quality. pages are thick.
it's like 1000X's better than it was before.
you never learn nothin by mistake if you're to careful
schwim
Site Admin

Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

sup wit dat bronco?
Maddel

:D > Advertising < :D

Schwim's Magical Mystery Garage

Exhaust repairs - just a piece of cake!

They give it their best shots so you can wholeheartedly enjoy your car for years!

Editors note: play soundtrack at proper volume please... ;)
schwim
Site Admin

Super_Randy wrote: September 5th, 2021, 12:56 pm sup wit dat bronco?
That's Bog, my daily. Just keeps on ticking, like a really ugly watch.
Maddel wrote: September 5th, 2021, 3:21 pm :D > Advertising < :D
Come on down to Crazy Schwim's House of "Maybe we can do it but probably not well". All sales final, warranty expires upon exit of garage and best of luck at the inspection station!
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

when you're at work but can't get anything done because the Blue Angels keep doing fly by's on your building. not that im complaining.

​​​​​​​Image
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

todays jet sightings

and this cool looking bird. not used to seeing birds like this in my backyard. it was hanging out with 2 other bright yellow birds
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

remembered my camera today, and of course, they didn't fly nearly as much today 

​​​​​​​Image