random thought of the day

You know you want to, you social butterfly.
schwim
Site Admin

Re: random thought of the day

I don't think it's that they can't, the tv networks just cater to the social network driven cause of the hour. The movie is out and done so the studio isn't under the same pressures I don't think.

I've recently seen some angry editorials by one of the online millennial media outlets where they regularly bashes older movies for their social tone deafness. They are pretty good reads.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

back in the day the rebellious thought was kill your television. it was a running theme in songs and counter culture. essentially, smash the thing that makes you dumb, keeps you from being productive, brainwashes you and tells you what to think.
well cell phones have replaced TV in sense that you're glued to them like a moth to flame, being entertained by mindless BS, it's keeping you from being productive and is full of the same brainwashing that the TV was. yet no one has written a punk song about smashing your cell phone.
hell we've even dropped the smash your television idea from the sort of authoritarian rebellion.

im not really sure where im going with this. but it's something iv been pondering for a while now.
you never learn nothin by mistake if you're to careful
Maddel

Super_Randy wrote:back in the day the rebellious thought was kill your television. it was a running theme in songs and counter culture. essentially, smash the thing that makes you dumb, keeps you from being productive, brainwashes you and tells you what to think.
That's exactly why I had a clash with my girlfriend back in '89.
She didn't like watching TV on her own while I was busy with the Bug... :D

Super_Randy wrote:well cell phones have replaced TV in sense that you're glued to them like a moth to flame...
Believe it or not... I do without a smart phone! 8-)
And even my primitive cell phone is used once in a blue moon. :lol:

App, App, App und fertig ist der Depp!
German (subversive) rhyme
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

Maddel wrote:Believe it or not... I do without a smart phone! 8-)
And even my primitive cell phone is used once in a blue moon. :lol:
same here. i have a flip phone (still rocking 3G to boot) and it stays turned off unless i need to make a call or am waiting for a call. and don't even bother texting me, i won't answer. as i type this, i have never sent a text message.

i have a tracfone account. i pay $20 for 90 minutes of air time every 90 days, and unused time rolls over. im up to like 2100 minutes :lol:
schwim
Site Admin

I love my data. I just try to keep it in a position that I feel I'm using it and not the other way around.

As for counterculture railing against the cellphone, I'm sure that they are doing that, they're just not online so they can't find each other to join forces.
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

how did they find each other to join forces before the cell phone and internet?
schwim
Site Admin

Super_Randy wrote:how did they find each other to join forces before the cell phone and internet?
By overpaying for a Bob Dylan concert ticket.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

not sure what im more amused by more right now, Dildo Newfoundland, or Gaylordsville Connecticut :lol:
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

ever watch those car crash compellation videos on youtube and wonder, how in the hell humans have managed to survive so damn long?
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

this popped into my head and iv been thinking about it. idk what was so amusing about this 20+ years ago. but me and my friends used to say "they got a pepper bar" at each other because of this commercial. those times when you ether had nothing to say, or it was to quiet for to long and getting weird. you would pick out the most awkward looking person in the room or even better someone in another other room and say "they got a pepper bar" at them and everybody would be amused by it. get the timing right and you could even get laughs.