A day in the life...

You know you want to, you social butterfly.
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

Re: A day in the life...

so you remember a couple months ago when i was looking for the fuel pump, pedestal and check rod for my new engine and looked everywhere twice and couldn't find them so i bought new ones.
yeah... they were all together in a box that i looked in at least twice. :?
you never learn nothin by mistake if you're to careful
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

in the "if it's not one thing it's another" category, the CD player in the bug no longer plays burned CD's. even CD"s it played just fine 10 years ago. plays store bought CD"s just fine. i tried a cleaner disc and that had no effect on anything. this is most odd. i used to keep 4 or 5 burned CD's in the pocket on the door and swap them out so i know it plays them. so now im like wtf :?
Maddel

CDs deteriorate sooner or later. Even the original "store bought" ones do.
I had a few look like this...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disc_rot

May be burn a new one using a fresh quality (?) blank CD-R and give it another try.
schwim
Site Admin

Wow, that's incredible! I don't have any cds left but I remember those that I kept in the car would end up in bad shape, I'm assuming from the UV light.

I am basically finished with the filter system for the well. Added the settlement tank(far left) back into the system and added a pre-prefilter ahead of everything to try to keep the more expensive filters safe from debris. I also bumped the pressure switch up to shut off at 75 lbs of pressure.

Oh, and added a 119 gallon pressure tank under the house.

Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

Maddel wrote: May 7th, 2023, 3:31 am CDs deteriorate sooner or later. Even the original "store bought" ones do.
I had a few look like this...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disc_rot

May be burn a new one using a fresh quality (?) blank CD-R and give it another try.
disc rot was my initial thought, and one does have early signs of it. but the CD's (even the early signs of rot CD) still play just fine on the CD player in the house, CD player in the garage, all 3 portable players, and i know one even plays in my truck.
oddly enough the early signs of rot disc is a Social Distortion mix i burned back in like 2004 and it spent a LOT of time in the car. so i know it used to play. and that CD know lives in the garage where i listen to it all the time on the 5 disc changer out there. it has a few spots that skip cause of the rot but otherwise plays just fine.

after i posted yesterday i burned a Nirvana mix on a fresh CD-R at a 1x burn rate (cause apparently speed can have an effect :?: ) and it wouldn't play. but my OG Nevermind CD from 1991 plays just fine. :?
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

schwim wrote: May 7th, 2023, 9:14 am Wow, that's incredible! I don't have any cds left but I remember those that I kept in the car would end up in bad shape, I'm assuming from the UV light.

I am basically finished with the filter system for the well. Added the settlement tank(far left) back into the system and added a pre-prefilter ahead of everything to try to keep the more expensive filters safe from debris. I also bumped the pressure switch up to shut off at 75 lbs of pressure.

Oh, and added a 119 gallon pressure tank under the house.

yeah, i still think you should have just moved :lol:
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

alright so there's this RC car forum i got "shadow banned" from. do to absolutely crappy inconstant make it up as they go along moderation and snitch ass kindergarten tattle tales i got belligerent after a "vacation" (temporary banning) and set out to get parentally banned. well i surpassed my expectations! i was "shadow banned'. 100% of my posts were deleted. i can log in, i can make posts. the posts i think initially show up for me, if i leave the thread i shows me as being the last one to post in the thread, but when i re-enter the thread my post is gone. but i still have full access to my account so i can mess with my profile and photo gallery (which, out of boredom, iv been doing every now and then)

so anyway i log in yesterday and find the thread of general chit chat has been hit by a mod. apparently someone said something that turned up the heat and a snowflake started to melt. a job formerly reserved for me. idk what the topic of discussion was about, it had been like 3 days sense i had bothered to log in. so being bored and knowing my posts won't be seen by users, i "make a post" giving the users an "attaboy" using some profanity.

well today i log in and iv got a privet message. from a mod. letting me know that iv received an infection. so somehow im even more banned than i already was until the June 21st :? so im busted for a post nobody could read, and the punishment is completely irrelevant because i already can't post LMAO! iv been laughing at this for almost an hour :lol:

so that's the cherry on top of my otherwise crappy Monday
schwim
Site Admin

Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

pretty sure iv got high score 8-)
Maddel

A few impressions of yesterday's hailstorm...

No damage on our car's windows fortunately but the roofs are dented quite a bit... :(