A day in the life...

You know you want to, you social butterfly.
Maddel

Re: A day in the life...

^ ^ ^ 8-)
And really like the dices! :)
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

i go back and forth between the dice and 8 balls mostly. but iv got a small stockpile of valve caps
you never learn nothin by mistake if you're to careful
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

so i got some buttons that look like cupcake sprinkles and neon blue start/select buttons for my Game Boy. Super Famicom buttons for my SNES controller. and a black case, front sticker, and glow in the dark green buttons for NES controller.

schwim
Site Admin

Super_Randy wrote: February 19th, 2022, 6:56 pm so i got some buttons that look like cupcake sprinkles and neon blue start/select buttons for my Game Boy. Super Famicom buttons for my SNES controller. and a black case, front sticker, and glow in the dark green buttons for NES controller.
Do you ever watch the YT vintage console/handheld game restorations? There's a crazy amount of mods and customations you can perform to even like the Gameboys. I had no idea. If my hands were more stable, I'd totally buy some wrecked stuff and try to get them working.
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

i watch resto/modding videos all the time. im currently collecting parts to build a custom OG Game Boy. got a clear case, clear speaker, glass screen protector, buttons, bivert mod, and ordered a back lit screen mod last night.
i just need to track down a reasonably priced Game Boy to mod cause i don't want to mess with my original.

going to further mod another NES controller as well. i already painted the case black, and installed transparent buttons that im going to add LED's to so the buttons glow.
Maddel

Cool stuff... 8-)
For some reason I was never into the whole console/handheld enchilada.
It's age-related I guess... In the 70s we had these "exciting" Pong clones and all the cool arcade video games like Space Invaders.
Later during the 80s at the time the Commodore computer came into vogue I was much more interested in different "buttons"... :lol:

In other news I exhumed my '77 Kreidler RS. It sat in the barn for almost 35 years.
Its reconditioning is considered as a recreational "little" side project. Well, we will see...

schwim
Site Admin

Maddel wrote: February 20th, 2022, 11:52 am Cool stuff... 8-)
For some reason I was never into the whole console/handheld enchilada.
It's age-related I guess... In the 70s we had these "exciting" Pong clones and all the cool arcade video games like Space Invaders.
Later during the 80s at the time the Commodore computer came into vogue I was much more interested in different "buttons"... :lol:
The only console my family owned was the Atari 2600. My brother saved to buy it and he would let me play it sometimes. It never really stuck with me though. I got a TRS-80 one Christmas and that solidified my addiction to computers. I just played in the BASIC programming language and since I didn't have any hard drive, I would have to re-enter the program every time I turned it on :)
Maddel wrote: February 20th, 2022, 11:52 am In other news I exhumed my '77 Kreidler RS. It sat in the barn for almost 35 years.
Its reconditioning is considered as a recreational "little" side project. Well, we will see...

Wow! What a time machine! I'm looking forward to seeing it's resurrection!
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

this thing is huge has a well over 2 foot wingspan. been circling my neighborhood for the last 2 hours duking it out with another one that's slightly smaller and scaring the hell out of all the other birds.
Maddel

After a week of really nice and warm weather (close to 20°C/68°F) here's what we have today... :(

Woofer for the Bug is in place but not yet wired since the amp-module is still not set up.
IMO it fits in well under the seat without attracting to much attention...

schwim
Site Admin

That looks gorgeous! You may have said already in the past but what seats are those in your bug? They look amazing.