A day in the life...

You know you want to, you social butterfly.
schwim
Site Admin

Re: A day in the life...

Maddel wrote: February 24th, 2023, 6:28 am "Room - It's the End..."
Wow, very strong Pomplamoose vibes!
Been building a filter/well house so I can move all the water-related stuff to it. Our well water is terrible and I've owned a filter system for over a year but still haven't installed it.

schwim
Site Admin

Filtration intensifies:

Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

:shock: yeah, id just get a brita filter and call it a day :lol:
you never learn nothin by mistake if you're to careful
schwim
Site Admin

Super_Randy wrote: March 19th, 2023, 10:27 pm :shock: yeah, id just get a brita filter and call it a day :lol:
You guys must have some industrial strength Brita filters over on that coast. Here's what I'm filtering:
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

hell you didn't say you were filtering water from your septic tank :lol:
schwim
Site Admin

Super_Randy wrote: March 20th, 2023, 8:33 pm hell you didn't say you were filtering water from your septic tank :lol:
Only the purest of well water that coastal VA provides. The filter system was stupid expensive but if it makes the water usable, I'll totally take the hit. I can't even guess how many gallons of water we've purchased in the almost two years of living here.
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

dude, where you showering in that?
Maddel

schwim wrote: March 20th, 2023, 10:09 pm
Super_Randy wrote: March 20th, 2023, 8:33 pm hell you didn't say you were filtering water from your septic tank :lol:
Only the purest of well water that coastal VA provides. The filter system was stupid expensive but if it makes the water usable, I'll totally take the hit. I can't even guess how many gallons of water we've purchased in the almost two years of living here.
Man, that's some serious plumbing there in your filter/well house...
I assume you did it yourself or at least with the help of Archibald „Harry“ Tuttle rather than Central Services personnel... :D

schwim
Site Admin

Super_Randy wrote: March 21st, 2023, 10:31 pm dude, where you showering in that?
It's like Russian Roulette, some days you would just get just lightly tinted orange water and other days, the filter screen in the head would clog with material, causing the the shower to not let out water. The video is after I opened and drained then reconnected the plumbing so the agitation caused a lot of settled material in the lines to get put back into the flow of water. We dealt with this for almost 2 years now. That's the reason for the absurdly heavy filtration.
schwim
Site Admin

Maddel wrote: March 22nd, 2023, 4:01 am
Man, that's some serious plumbing there in your filter/well house...
I assume you did it yourself or at least with the help of Archibald „Harry“ Tuttle rather than Central Services personnel... :D
I doubt I could find anyone that would be willing to waste as much plumbing material as I do to make Rube Golderberg-esque assemblies that satisfy my need for some level of symmetry and balance.

I seriously doubt it would pass inspection if anyone official were to look at it. That being said, the filter house is the strongest built room on the property so in the event of a hurricane, we have a place to sit it out :)