Models and RC cars

You know you want to, you social butterfly.
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

Re: Models and RC cars

those cars are "womps" they are 1/32 scale cars that are run on a 1/24 scale track. the rest of my cars are standard 1/24 scale. there is only one place to go race them that i know of. http://www.bpraceway.com/
the drag strip is 55 feet long plus shutdown. shutdown has to be another 25 to 30 feet.
here's a crappy video of a friends car (notchback) making a pass. this isn't even considered a fast car, but try not to blink
or if you really want to blow your mind try watching this
you never learn nothin by mistake if you're to careful
Maddel

Last edited by Maddel on May 10th, 2018, 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

looks like a scalextric track. i think those are actual 1/32 scale cars (super detailed cars to, they're cool). i hear they're the popular slot car set up in Europe. never seen or heard of a track for them over here state side (outside of a privet track in a garage or something)

im sure we've all run the HO cars (hot wheel size cars) as kids. still have all my old Tyco track and cars. one of the slot car tracks i raced at 20 years ago had an HO track set up for a while but it never really caught on
65VW

Nice videos @Super_Randy.

The drag car just disappeared and the cars on the full size race track are practically impossible to even see!
I grew up with only the HO/small hot wheels sized cars.

When I was a small kid I remember my Dad brought us to a place that had a big track like in the video and very large cars, maybe it was an older version of a large track similar to the track and cars in the video.
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

could be. the 1/24 scale cars were real popular back in the 60's and into 70's
Maddel

Super_Randy wrote:looks like a scalextric track. i think those are actual 1/32 scale cars (super detailed cars to, they're cool). i hear they're the popular slot car set up in Europe. never seen or heard of a track for them over here state side (outside of a privet track in a garage or something)...
It's 1/32 scale Carrera Evolution...
https://www.carrera-toys.com/en
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

did some RC'ing this weekend. a while back i got a really good deal on an HPI wheely king with no body. i had originally intended to build a custom chassis and use the drivetrain for a custom "scaler" build. i lost interest (as usual) and just stuck the body on the wheely king. it's a parma lunch box body (just a lexan version of the hard plastic tamiya body). had to custom fab up some body mounts. here it goes.
made an adapter that goes on the stock body mounts, its 1mm fiber glass with HPI sprint sport 2 body mounts mounted sideways.

and i painted it today.
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

the latest whip. 70 Chevelle

Maddel

Super_Randy wrote:the latest whip. 70 Chevelle

Nice built!

Have this Revell Corvette on the shelf for over a decade now. A buddy who lost interest handed it over to me.
Plan is to build an aged, semi gloss, "de-chromed" drag version. May be one day I'll post some progress here.
However there's a good chance that even this forum will no longer exist before this might happen... :lol:

Last edited by Maddel on November 20th, 2018, 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
schwim
Site Admin

Saw it's big brother at the Lowes today: