Let's Rock...

You know you want to, you social butterfly.
schwim
Site Admin

Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

you never learn nothin by mistake if you're to careful
Maddel

schwim
Site Admin

Maddel

Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

so as i was working in the garage all day today went old school and was listening to FM radio (remember when that was a thing?). well the only station that was playing decent music all day was KLOS, "the rock of southern california", well here's a few stand outs from the day.
Maddel

Re:

Super_Randy wrote:so as i was working in the garage all day today went old school and was listening to FM radio (remember when that was a thing?).
Ha! Listen to FM radio ever since the 80s when messing around in the garage. :)
However it's hard to find a station with a decent program over here these days... :?
Super_Randy wrote:well here's a few stand outs from the day.
Excellent choice Sir! Wait... Another Pink Floyd tune crosses my mind:
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

Re: Re:

Maddel wrote:
Super_Randy wrote:so as i was working in the garage all day today went old school and was listening to FM radio (remember when that was a thing?).
Ha! Listen to FM radio ever since the 80s when messing around in the garage. :)
However it's hard to find a station with a decent program over here these days... :?
crap, tell me about it, it's hard to find a decent station to listen to here as well. the station i grew up listening to ("the world famous" KROQ) just SUCKS now. so much so that it's not even in most of my presets anymore.
KNAC (metal station) went away in like 1995 and became a mexican station.
100.3 The Sound (classic rock station) went away late last year and was replaced by a religious station.
93.1 Jack FM, they play everything from 70's classic rock to early 2000's alternative rock. but catching a block of good music is hit and miss.
there's ALT 98.7 and they play some 90's and early 2000's alt rock. which is good. but they also play modern stuff and modern rock isn't worth pissing on to put out a fire. which is why KROQ sucks so hard.
95.5 KLOS is really all that's left. it used to be a classic rock station. but the last 5 or so years they've been adding stuff from the 80's and 90's to the mix. its a commercial heavy station, but it's really the only place to get good music on a consistent basis

it's like TV. network TV sucks so everyone pays for satellite or cable. i have SeriousXM in my truck. the Lithium station F'ing rocks! all the 90's alternative and grunge. and Doug the Slug is a DJ on there and he used to be on KROQ back in the day. so i get to relive 1996 everyday coming home from work, it's bad ass! i may have to get SeriousXM in my garage or something
Maddel

Following the FM radio theme a little blast from the past - 1972
A cover version of this cool tune linked below was in the charts back then.
Years later I discovered the Gershon Kingsley original from '69. It' so much much better!
And of course '72 offers more...
Maddel

Three more...