Yak about stuff. Just stuff.
59 posts Page 6 of 6
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
schwim wrote: I absolutely must know more about #3!
#3 was a fun built by "Team Nürburgring" (a local motor-sports fan club) back in the early 80s.
The car wasn't street legal nor was it suitable for racing.
The Bug was mainly used at special occasions like meetings or parades.

I saw it in person a few times back in '81 but wasn't infected by the ACVW virus yet.
To me it was just a funny chopped Bug with double tires and a "La Cucaracha" air horn.
I never would have thought that this car's engine would power one of my Bugs one day...

#3 was scrapped in the mid '80s since the club got tired of maintaining it.
They kept the motor in some barn until 1990 when my neighbor - a "Team Nürburgring" veteran - arranged the engine deal.
He also provided the #3 pics and info posted above.

As luck would have it...
A few month ago I replaced the Taiwan reproduction generator pulley nut and dished washer on "Red".
I wasn't able to relocate the original parts I put aside in '91 (damn hoard chaos).
Instead I stumbled across the complete generator of #3...
Eventually it's dished pulley washer found a new home in Red's engine compartment...

March 1991

Preparing a buddy's 1303 "winter clunker" for vehicle inspection...

March 1991 (cont'd)

Here is the latest addition to the ACVW family - a 1966 VW 1500 Type 3 Notchback.

The car grabbed my attention for the first time at a local used-car dealer back in 1986.
It was in really good shape and I became sort of besotted with that Type 3 even though I didn't have the money to pinch it. :?

Helplessly I drove by the dealer's car park each and every day on my way to school.
Eventually after a few month the Notchback was gone/sold and sank into oblivion... :(

Then one day in autumn 1990 - what a surprise...
I was amazed to see that very same Notchback parked in front of my favorite pub! :shock:
A long story short, I talked the owner into a deal and in March '91 I purchased the car for a reasonable price. 8-)

Unfortunately the general condition of the Type 3 worsened since I first saw it at the used-car dealer in '86.
One can "vaguely discern" some accidental damage... :roll:

I saw it's taillight in the last update and was really hoping to hear about it, so thanks! I was really hoping it was a notch as I've only seen a very few.
Hello from Germany,
my Name is Frank... i need a info from user: Maddel...

could you please tell me, where is the hot oil-output and where is the cooled oil input for the Riechert Thermostat.

i need to put an oil-filter in this cooling-loop.

thx a lot
aircooled greetings
frank
webmaster of http://www.bullikartei.de

##

##
Hi there Frank, here you go:

Thx for your answer, but there is no image in your post, just only your text.
Would you please mail it to me? Webmaster@bullikartei.de
Bye
Frank

Maddel wrote: Hi there Frank, here you go:
Hope this helps.
Frank_BulliKartei wrote: Thx for your answer, but there is no image in your post, just only your text.
Would you please mail it to me? Webmaster@bullikartei.de
Bye
Frank
Oops... :oops:
Edited the post. Image should be visible now...
Exactly what needed !
Thx a lot
Frank
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
59 posts Page 6 of 6