the never ending project. 71 super build

Yak about stuff. Just stuff.
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

Re: the never ending project. 71 super build

or instead of reading this whole thread you can just watch this 4 minute video.
you never learn nothin by mistake if you're to careful
schwim
Site Admin

Hey, I was just listening to Linkin Park today while cutting some trees down. Sort of like a "3 degrees from" game :)

I fell into the apathy trap as well with mine. I just started forcing myself to do something each day until it started being fun again. It's such an easy thing to fall back out of though. That and I keep filling my very limited work space with tons of crap and it's an epic battle between my laziness and my OCD to clean the crap up enough to get some work done.
65VW

That's not good about the Prius hitting your Bug but nice work fixing and painting that, it looks new.
Good video too.

Nice truck and the same thing happened to me when I got my first nice truck after owning/driving only a Bug.
I totally lost interest in the bug for awhile since I had a car that worked.
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

schwim wrote:Hey, I was just listening to Linkin Park today while cutting some trees down. Sort of like a "3 degrees from" game :)

I fell into the apathy trap as well with mine. I just started forcing myself to do something each day until it started being fun again. It's such an easy thing to fall back out of though. That and I keep filling my very limited work space with tons of crap and it's an epic battle between my laziness and my OCD to clean the crap up enough to get some work done.
it's actually not linkin park it's Fort Minor which is Mike Shinoda's side project. im really not a fan of ether, especially the new linkin park stuff, that shit sucks! that song was popular at the time and it seemed to fit the video so i used it.

iv also tried the forcing myself to just do something, anything on it over the weekend thing, didn't work. i got lazy which caused the work to be sloppy, which caused me to have to redo what i had done, which just made things worse. now iv got other projects going, painting "the office" in the house, trying to keep the weeds at bay and grow some grass in the backyard. birds are crapping all over everything, pissing me off. then i started building model cars again and yeah... iv got 3 of those going right now.
Maddel

You have one nice Bug there. I really like the color. Yellow / black is an awesome combination.
Too bad the project slowed down...

A note on that SCAT degree crank pulley you mentioned above. I tried one a few years back and ended up dumping it.
The "oil restraining thread" (no idea if that's the correct English term) was very poor. I did not work at all.
Oil spilled all over the engine compartmet. Compare the SCAT pulley to the stock one (if you have one at hand)
and you will see what I'm talking about...

I ended up with this one from EMPI. The oil restraining thread is quite similar to stock. No oil leaks in operation.
Last edited by Maddel on July 9th, 2017, 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

huh, i know a few other guys who are running the scat pulley and aren't having any issues that's why i got one.
but thanks for the heads up, ill have to keep an eye on it when the time comes. iv already got it so im going to give it a shot, i can always swap it out later if i have to.
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

well, after being totally F'ed by photobucket, the pic's are working again. now hosted on Imgur.
schwim
Site Admin

Super_Randy wrote:well, after being totally F'ed by photobucket, the pic's are working again. now hosted on Imgur.
Yeah, I called it the "Photobucket Apocalypse" on another forum. failed company with a cheap selloff in 3, 2, 1....
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

wouldn't surprise me. im sure the competition is loving this
65VW

Maddel wrote:Image

You have one nice Bug there. I really like the color. Yellow / black is an awesome combination.
Too bad the project slowed down...
I totally agree on the Black and Yellow combo on Bug's.
My dream was to paint my Baja bright gloss yellow with gloss black fenders, roof rack, tube bumpers and wheels.