the never ending project. 71 super build

Yak about stuff. Just stuff.
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

Re: the never ending project. 71 super build

so i pulled the top of the carb off and pulled the idle jet out emulsion tube out and blasted everything with carb cleaner. then blew the piss out of the passages with carb cleaner. then reassembled it with a new float cut off.
it idles about the same if the vacuum port is open or blocked, maybe a 50rpm difference at best. frankly it might as well be my imagination. so i let it idle for about 15 minutes. the good news it is stays cool. the odd news is the longer it ran the higher the idle RPM got. after about 5 minutes it was up to 800. occasionally it would start to idle ruff so i would open the throttle up, get the RPM up to around 3000 and hold it for a few seconds. when i let off the idle would be smooth and at about 800. and based off the smell it's idling a little to much on the rich side. weird cause iv got a 55 idle jet in it right now. so im letting it cool off and ill try a 50 and see what happens.

it's also fluxuating voltage at idle. sometimes its down about 11v others its up over 12. if i disconnect the battery at idle the engine dies. so i don't think my used alternator works worth a shit. i should have tried it with the engine up at a higher RPM but didn't.
you never learn nothin by mistake if you're to careful.
bad decisions make good memories.