A day in the life...

You know you want to, you social butterfly.
schwim
Site Admin

Re: A day in the life...

Maddel wrote:No way to pass vehicle inspection with that damage and changing the windshield is way to expensive.
So it's time to say goodbye to my beloved Audi... :cry:
That car served me extremely well for over 17 years and 315.000 kilometers (195.732 miles).
WOW! Does a windshield replacement cost more than picking up another vehicle or are you just going to downsize your fleet?
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

:? i see cars much worse on a daily basis roaming the streets here. it's a non issue. and the wtf part is, you can have someone come out and replace it for a few hundred bucks.
you never learn nothin by mistake if you're to careful
Maddel

schwim wrote:WOW! Does a windshield replacement cost more than picking up another vehicle or are you just going to downsize your fleet?
Super_Randy wrote:...you can have someone come out and replace it for a few hundred bucks.
Well... It's the cost-value ratio mainly.
The car was daily driven for 28 years, survived 28 salty winters and was never parked in a garage.
An extremely reliable workhorse but there are signs of disintegration in many places:
interior, rubbers, electrics, suspension, brakes (again and again) etc. A bottomless pit...
Plus I still refuse to tackle water cooled vehicles except for basic maintenance. :D
So I accepted the inevitable.
schwim
Site Admin

You know, I keep forgetting about the rigorous nature of your inspections and the brutal treatment of the road treatments. It's heartbreaking to see under some of those neat cars on my Youtube subscriptions that have lived the hard life up north.

I'd love to see what you end up picking up as a replacement, hopefully something fun :D
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

well almost a thousand dollars later and my truck has new tires on it. stoked and relieved (original tires were like drag radials. scary last time it rained) but almost a thousand bucks :shock:
schwim
Site Admin

Oof, I feel your pain. I need tires for Bog and even buying the cheapest, crappiest Chinese tires available, it was upwards of 900$. They now more closely resemble slicks than M/T tread.
schwim
Site Admin

I don't want to jinx it but this is the garage space of the house we're under contract for buying in Virginia:

Maddel

HELL YEAH!!! :o :shock: Soooo coooool! 8-)
And Zippy will love it too (as well as Bög).

Judging by the size of the garage I wonder if the house is sort of a cathedral? :)
schwim
Site Admin

Maddel wrote: June 18th, 2021, 10:38 amJudging by the size of the garage I wonder if the house is sort of a cathedral? :)
You would think so but actually, it's separate to the house. It's just a big old lego block sitting by itself. It's actually got an apartment over it where Chloe and her boyfriend are going to live. It's going to be a compound! :)

Here's the listing if you'd like to take a gander at the property.
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

went to bug -in 45 today. a pic's/videos thread will come sometime this next week. 8-)
it hit 90 degrees and there was no shade. the line to get in the gate was literally a mile long (i used my trip odometer. 1.2 miles from the back of the line to my parking spot :shock: )

here's a teaser
Last edited by Super_Randy on June 20th, 2021, 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.