Meyers Manx; The More You Know! Part 3

An interesting link relating to the vintage Volkswagen that's posted every day(give or take).
schwim
Site Admin

Meyers Manx; The More You Know! Part 3

We wrap up this trip back in time with some more of the business history of the world's first fiberglass dunebuggy and it's copycats as well as some more cool tidbits from Mr. Meyers.
65VW

Re: Meyers Manx; The More You Know! Part 3

I wanted a Dune Buggy so much as a kid.

Getting a Baja Bug as my first car was as close as I have come to having one so far.
schwim
Site Admin

65VW wrote:Getting a Baja Bug as my first car was as close as I have come to having one so far.
Have any old pics of the baja? I've always enjoyed them.

I've never gotten to own a fiberglass buggy. I've worked on a few nice ones though and had always wanted a non-Manx buggy of any type. Just something to go out and have fun in.
65VW

Unfortunately I have few pictures of my old Baja that went thru 3 front end kits.
Bought with narrow eyes, fixed with a wide eye kit, that was fixed with a one piece wide eye kit.

The day I drove it into a ditch on the way to work to avoid rear ending a car that stopped quickly was its last wreck and I traded it in for my new 1985 stripped to the bare bones Nissan standard mini pickup that I wish I still had. They only gave me $500 on the trade in.
Even fewer pics of the Nissan.

The most pictures I have of my Baja are from a school assignment where we had to take pictures of something, I chose my Baja.

I will look for some pics and post them soon.
I am having issues with posting photos lately.
schwim
Site Admin

65VW wrote:I am having issues with posting photos lately.
On this site in particular or all sites? Let me know what you use as photo storage and browser and I'll share any nuggets of info I may have.