The Dark Side

You know you want to, you social butterfly.
65VW

The Dark Side

I have stepped into the the other part of the car hobby and brought home a 1962 Ford Fairlane 500 4 door.
It's a one owner car and has been garaged the past twenty years.

There is a small amount of surface rust on a couple spots I plan to sand and repaint, otherwise everything else is in good shape and everything works and it runs well.

Here are some pictures. It looks cool next to the notchback.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1026970913 ... directlink

Why?
It is the same model car and the same color as the car my wife's family had when she was a kid growing up.
Also, it was a one owner mostly stock in great condition and underpriced.

Now she has her 1965 Red Bug and the Fairlane, it's nice she likes riding around in and going to the old car shows too. She leaves the work of cleaning them and keeping them running to me.

It's a cool car that I can easily sell tomorrow for more then I paid, but it's a one off purchase and I'm still mainly a VW guy.
(unless I can find a 1978 country squire station wagon, yellow with fake wood paneling) haha.
schwim
Site Admin

Re: The Dark Side

What a gorgeous ride! If I had any space to wedge more vehicles, I'd be branching out as well, but with just what we have, I've got over half of my VW sitting in the finished basement. I'd be lynched if I tried to shoehorn another in somewhere.
65VW wrote:She leaves the work of cleaning them and keeping them running to me.
It's my favorite part :)
65VW wrote:(unless I can find a 1978 country squire station wagon, yellow with fake wood paneling) haha.
We owned a couple of them :shock: