A day in the life...

You know you want to, you social butterfly.
schwim
Site Admin

Re: A day in the life...

Well, it's finally been listed. Now, we wait :)
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

holy shit, your house is cool! and it's only 330,000 :shock:
you never learn nothin by mistake if you're to careful
Maddel

Man, it would be super hard for me to separate form this fantastic habitation!
I still remember the pics you shared during the refurbishment works back in the early 2000s.
You did one hell of a great job!!

The prospect of a new home in the coastal region is quite tempting on the other hand.
There are some challenging and exciting times ahead - I keep my fingers crossed!
Good luck - bad weeds grow tall! :)
schwim
Site Admin

Hey there guys, thanks for the nice words, it's my belief that anyone of any skill level could build the same thing if given 15 years to do so :)
Maddel wrote:Man, it would be super hard for me to separate form this fantastic habitation!
I still remember the pics you shared during the refurbishment works back in the early 2000s.
You did one hell of a great job!!

The prospect of a new home in the coastal region is quite tempting on the other hand.
There are some challenging and exciting times ahead - I keep my fingers crossed!
Good luck - bad weeds grow tall! :)
Red's really stressing out. She's worried about leaving her "dream home" and not being able to get something else she really likes that fits all our needs. Needless to say, I'm not allowed to get rid of any of my tools :D
Super_Randy wrote:holy shit, your house is cool! and it's only 330,000 :shock:
It's a lot different than buying a home in a city or even large town/county. We're seeing absolute dumps for more in our target locale. We're having to stretch our search area a bit to get the prices down a bit. Around these parts, we're competitively priced but most people here are looking at "rustic" houses, meaning houses you can build with a chisel and wooden mallet.

Tomorrow morning is our first showing, maybe we'll luck out and get a buyer right out of the gate :)
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

im blown away by the 330k because the house im living in (if the kitchen and floors were redone) would be around (possibly over) 700k and it's only a 3 bed, 2 bath, idk the square footage (guessing just over 2000) with detached 2 car garage, on a quarter acre lot. and that's the norm for the LA/OC area, and why i don't own a house :(
schwim
Site Admin

We're actually selling an extra lot alongside the house, so with that, we're actually sitting on 2+ acres, which the realtor said was a pretty big deal. It seems not many houses have any property to speak of and people here are looking for some guaranteed privacy and space for garage/etc., like we were when we bought the extra property.

We've always watched those house hunters/reno shows and we're always blown away by the teacher married to a nurses assistant looking to renovate a home they bought for $1 million. We bought this house for 117k 16ish years ago. With what we're selling it for, we're making a little bit but not a lot and that's valuing my labor at $0. This area is also going through the realty boom going on now but it's not as pronounced as it would be near you.

I know it won't happen this way but I'd love it if the market would go ahead and crash right after we sold our house and before we bought the next one :)
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

they shipped them out!
schwim
Site Admin

It's nice to see that it's back. Is it as good as it used to be?
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

i haven't actually read any of it yet. but it isn't the 2000's VW Trends. its got the old school guys working on it.
the photography in it is really good!
7 feature cars (1 of which is a 90 Corrado). plus one "feature" called "Pile of the Month" which in this issue is just Dan Leadbetter's project 57 oval that im sure will get used for tech articles later on. (not a complaint)
2 tech articles. how (not) to buy a bug, and a gas tank restoration (both of which seem actually helpful to a DIY'er)
coverage of 3 events one of which is an off road race (all from 2020 so they look like smaller gatherings)
a feature on artist Johnny Jalopy.
a shop tour of Coolrydes Customs.
a Ron Petro drawing.
and an interview from Shannon Rae (the model on the cover that also graced the magazine back in the 80's and 90's)
it's 96 pages, and mostly content!
and the paper feels like nice quality (it's thick). and everything's in color.
Maddel

Damn! Stone chip caused a massive windshield crack. :evil:

No way to pass vehicle inspection with that damage and changing the windshield is way to expensive.
So it's time to say goodbye to my beloved Audi... :cry:
That car served me extremely well for over 17 years and 315.000 kilometers (195.732 miles).