A day in the life...

You know you want to, you social butterfly.
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

Re: A day in the life...

Maddel wrote: August 22nd, 2021, 6:06 am Cardboard woofer cabinet mock-up for the bug...
After various unsuccessful attempts to hide a woofer under the backseat or in the backseat backrest
I ended up with a "semi stealth" solution under the passenger seat.

how about a few pic's of those kick panels under the back seat. thinking of making some for mine so i can ditch the boxes under the front seats. thinking it would help with sound. as it is iv got 6" rounds in home made boxes that are to small, subsequently the sound very "hollow" and it's somewhat muffled by the seat. im thinking putting them in custom kick panels would solve those problems.
you never learn nothin by mistake if you're to careful
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

schwim wrote: August 22nd, 2021, 1:45 pm They hold them for two reasons. First, in the hopes that the drop was accidental and that it's valuable to the old owner. Secondly that it's valuable due to keywords in it. They don't care how many people used the domain in question because they grab them practically for free, hold on to them for years then drop them if there's no interest in buying them for huge sums of money. The majority of the webs domains are currently held by them and they're a blight on the web.

I love picking them up for $10 hours after they were for sale for thousands. It gives me a semi.
only a semi huh? :lol:
Maddel

Super_Randy wrote: August 22nd, 2021, 1:46 pmhow about a few pic's of those kick panels under the back seat.
Here you go: rear kick panel speakers
Maddel

schwim wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 7:26 pmImage

Nothing unpacked yet but we made it!
Just checked the hurricane Ida forecasts and it seems it heads toward your location... :shock:
schwim
Site Admin

Maddel wrote: August 31st, 2021, 3:44 amJust checked the hurricane Ida forecasts and it seems it heads toward your location... :shock:
To be honest, I knew some rain is coming but until you posted, I didn't know that we were directly in the projected path of the eye. What a way to welcome us back to the coast, huh? :) We won't get any hurricane force winds but we're looking at flood risk in the area. I'll keep you up to date on what we actually see.
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

at work today, 2 buildings over EXPLODED!!! and caught fire today.

shockwave caused this light to come down almost on my head

and here's a shot of the fire fighters on the roof
schwim
Site Admin

Holy cow dude, what happened over there? Walter White type of thing?
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

no idea. the place makes pressurized cylinders (fire extinguishers, oxygen tanks, nitrous tanks, SCUBA tanks, etc.). as loud as the boom was and as crazy as the shockwave was, i wouldn't be surprised if people weren't dead over there. fire department still had the street blocked off when i left work 2 hours later.

this video was filmed there
Super_Randy
Get off my lawn.

oh, and i got the new issue of VW Trends in the mail. so at least something good happened today.
Maddel

schwim wrote: August 22nd, 2021, 1:05 pmWell, it took an additional 5 years but I finally managed to snag aircooledvwaddiction.com after a scalper dropped it. This completes the reclamation of both domains that Dylan let expire.
Since it's brand specific what are your plans for it?
Hassle with moving the VW content on here to the ACVWA domain may be?