Air Cooled Addiction    

Post subject: My First VW
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2017, 7:02 pm 

The Baja

When I use the Img tags the pics wont display, but the links work.

The first pic is right after my first wreck. I let my younger brother drive and he took a corner too wide.
Believe it or not we ran right into another 1960's VW Bug! With a little old lady in it, for real.

This is after I rebuilt it with a wide eye kit and I used spray can primer to paint it all one color.
My high school car.
That's my older brothers car in the background. He was in the army then so I drove it a lot :)

Me in 1984 with the 65 Bug I still have. This was right after a refurb had been done on the Bug and I was in a VW cruise that day.

VW's from that 1984 cruise in Oregon, a blast from the past on styles.

Schwim, how can I post so the pictures will show here?
I am using google photos.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: My First VW
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2017, 10:03 pm 
Site Admin

Absolutely fantastic! It was sad to see the baja take a hit but it seems your 65 has been the belle of the ball forever :)

65VW wrote:
Schwim, how can I post so the pictures will show here?
I am using google photos.

Officially, Google doesn't support using their photos service as an image host for remote viewing. That being said, there's a workaround.

Take one of your links, for instance:

https://goo.gl/photos/WZ9vA6W9JEXa9yP38

That link is an HTML page, so it can't be used like an image. Visit that link, and click the image. You are still looking at an HTML page, unfortunately, so again, that URL is no good to you. Right click the image one more time and "Copy image address". That's the URL you want.

Wrap that bad boy in image tags:

Which results in:

You can see by the ridiculously unwieldy URL that Google never intended us to use them to post to forums but it works fine in a pinch.

Using a photo sharing service, like Flickr, Photobucket or similar is best if you're doing this a lot but this will get your images visible if you only need to do it every so often.

Online Profile  

PostPosted: June 25th, 2017, 6:30 pm 

Thanks for fixing those Schwim and for the google photo details. I wondered why I could no longer post the images as I had been able to do.

What a pain now but it works!

This is me behind that same 1965 VW Bug in Beaverton Oregon, 7420 SW Daniel.
I look like a duck.
I think this was taken sometime between 1970 and 74 and is the oldest picture of the Bug that I have found so far.

I am pretty sure there are some pictures from a wreck it was in, rear ended, but I have not found them yet.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: June 25th, 2017, 7:33 pm 
Site Admin

65VW wrote:

You look like you're ready to rumble :D

My family has absolutely no VW history. I didn't get into it until after joining the military, when I started making up for lost time. I also fall in and out of the heavy interest but I always end up coming back into it. They're too fun to stay away from for long and the way I participate, it's a cheap hobby as well.

Online Profile